Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My 7-day Juice Cleanse (recap)


Juicing prep madness..
Today was the last day of my juice cleanse and let me tell you, I'm so relieved I made it through!
I  plan on doing this cleanse again, probably once per season or twice a year...but it's definitely a part of my regimen now. I'm going to continue juicing though, since it's the easiest way to get my daily fruits and vegetables in without having to eat so much. lol Aside from the fact that some of these juices actually taste good! I have developed a new found love for beets...call me crazy, but I like the sweet, Earthy vibe they have going on. I'm weird, I know. Don't judge me. 

In my last post, I weighed in at 141.5 lbs...today I was 138lbs. 0_0 Gotta gain THAT back...
My measurements today were:
Bust- 34"
Waist-25 1/2"
Hips-37 1/2"
 
Day 1.  Day 3.  Day 7.
I kind of wish my measurements would stay the same once I gain the weight back.
As a matter of fact, can't it just go to my butt?? I'm saying, though...
...i'm lackin in the back end.=(

Anyway...


 
My trip to Produce junction cost me $40, but I got a buttload of fruits and vegetables, though.
I mean, I had so much produce, I literally had NO counter space...AT ALL. 
I don't know about you, but I saw that as being a good thing...cause you'd nowadays $40 is what? A couple of packs of meat and some Lean Cuisine meals? Psshhh...
...I see this as a minor accomplishment.












So, some of my friends want me to post the regimen I tried to follow followed throughout this week, so here it is! Now, I'm not a doctor, nor am I a nutritionist so don't ask me what these combination of juices do and/or how they help..cause idk. Let me just get that out of the way right now...

In the morning, I made sure I drank a full bottle of water before anything else. I drank either the green, cucumber or grapefruit in the morning because I felt as though drinking the things high in acid and/or iron in the morning made the most sense to me. Throughout the day I drank each of the juices at least once whenever I felt hungry (which was always) and also made sure I drank a couple of bottles of water in between to remain hydrated. I did eat some of the fruits that wouldn't juice too well, as well as some nuts, seeds, raisins and prunes (yeah, I eat prunes) to give myself a little bit of fats and some darker "fruits" into the mix. I didn't have a specific order in terms of which juice I drank after the other...the only thing I really remained adamant about was having my green/cucumber/grapefruit juice first thing in the morning. I did tend to drink the more "savory" drinks for my "meal," so I would do the Beet juice for lunch or the Sweet Potato juice for dinner...and have the rest of the juices (along with water) in the mean time in between time. You can choose which recipes you want to do, but make sure you have at least 4 different savory drinks throughout the week so that all of your drinks aren't sweet, because fruits contain sugar..and too much sugar isn't good in any form. Now, you can always research more juicing recipes, but these are just the ones I did this week.

SAVORY

Green 1
1 Cucumber
3 Celery Stalks
1 Green Apple
1 Broccoli stem
1/2 Green Pepper
4 C. Spinach eaves

Green 2
1 Cucumber
2 Celery Stalks
4 Swiss Chard, leaves and stem
1 Green Apple
4 C. Spinach leaves
Swiss Chard
Red Juice
3 Carrots
3 Celery stalks
1 Orange, peeled
2 Peaches, pitted
1 Beet, peeled

1-2 Sweet Potatoes
3-4 Carrots

Beet
1 Beet
4 Swiss Chard, leaves and stem
3 Carrots 

Rouge Veg 
1 Cucumber
3 Carrots
1 Beet
2 Celery stalks
1/2 lemon, peeled

Skin Perfecter
1 Cucmber
1 Parsnip
2-3 Carrots
1/2 lemon, peeled
1/4 Green Pepper
Parsnips are on the top. They look like white carrots, basically.
Sweet

Orange Juice
2 Oranges, peeled
1 Granny smith apple
1 Fuji apple 
1 Parsnip, top and bottom cut off
9 Carrots, top and bottom cut off
A 1 inch length piece of Ginger
 
Strawberry Juice
20 Strawberries, tops cut off
2 C. Red Grapes
1 Lemon, peeled
1 Granny Smith Apple
1 Fuji Apple
1 Cucumber
 
Pineapple Juice
1 Pineapple, top and bottom removed, and sliced in 6
1 Mango, seeded 
 
Sweetie Pie
1 Sweet Potato
3 Carrots
1 Orange, peeled
1 Fuji Apple
1 Green Apple
 
Candy Apple Red 
1 Beet
1 Cucumber
4 Carrots
1 Green Apple
1 Fuji Apple

White Out
1 Jicama, peeled
2 Green Apple
1 lemon, peeled
This is a jicama, peeled and unpeeled
Tart

Grapefruit
1 Grapefruit, peeled
1 Orange, peeled
1 Lemon, peeled

Cucumber
1 Cucumber
1 Lemon, peeled


Now, you don't have to do the whole 7 days like I did; you can do a 3 day cleanse...but the first two days are the hardest. I'm tryna tell yall that this isn't for the faint hearted. I'm gonna say this for the last time- make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day because you still need to stay hydrated even though you're only drinking juice. I cant stress that enough. 
Well, I hope someone found this helpful! If you plan on doing this cleanse, please be careful and remain aware that I am not a doctor. What works for me may not work for you, but this gives you the chance to find your own groove!

HAPPY HEALTH!
=D



4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job. I lost 50 lbs and and my booty left! I'm doing various squat challenges. Guess what is coming back? Yes, my big booty..Judy!!! Ripped Goddess has a good one for June! RG has a blog and is on facebook, too. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thanks! I did the squat challenge a couple of months ago...I guess I should start it again to get it back. lol

      Delete
  2. I've got a juicer (bought it after watching fat, sick and nearly dead on netflix)....now I just gotta convince myself (or trick myself) into doing a 3-7 day cleanse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my mom got our juicer after we saw that documentary, too! You should try it! There's no point in letting that juicer go to waste. ;)

      Delete

What'd you think?? =D