Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bentonite Clay Hair Mask Adventures...

 So, Friday was "You need to wash your damn hair, Kayla" day. LMAO
I was trying out my Bentonite clay mask on my hair to cleanse my scalp.
I didn't measure it because I wasn't quite certain how much I would need for my hair...
...but I assume that I used a whole plastic bowl full. 
I mixed it with ACV [apple cider vinegar] because mixing it with water either leaves it too lumpy, or too watery.
I'm not sure if that affects the pH of the Bentonite and the overall result of the cleansing, but if any of you know, please don't hesitate to share!

For those who don't know:
Bentonite Clay is a natural detoxifying agent made from volcanic ash that magnetically attracts toxins, break down waste matter, and rejuvenates damaged tissues and cells to promote healthy growth.

This was the bentonite in my hair...



I left this  on my hair for about 20-30 minutes and then rinse it out with warm water. I read that you aren't supposed to let it completely dry on your hair....so it was still pretty pasty when i rinsed it out. 
Once I rinsed it out, I immediately noticed how it elongated my curls and left my hair surprisingly soft!

UNFORTUNATELY...

...I followed up w/ a protein treatment using eggs and Hello Hydration and was so busy jamming to my music in the shower that I didn't realize how hot I had the water when I was shaving and  BASICALLY wound up w/ a slight case of breakfast head. -__-
I mean, it wasn't ALOT..not as much as I thought it'd be, but I was SOOO pissed.
I was standing in front of the mirror for about an hour w/ a wet washcloth goin H.A.A.M on my curls to get the egg out..but it came out pretty easily...with a lil elbow grease. ;) 
 So yall will get pics next time!
I plan on doing it again next week just for the sake of taking before/after pics
Stay tuned!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D