Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Think I'm Allergic...

These pics don't really show the flare up that good..but it was fairly red

Hey Guys!
So, I was kinda "bootleg washing" my hair today. I combined my baking soda w/ my Aussie Moist to scrub my scalp (which USUALLY works) and conditioned with the same mixture. Everything was good and gravy, as usual, until I got out of the shower. I noticed the sides of my cheeks (where I broke out while using Cantu) were starting to itch. When I looked in the mirror, I saw that the sides of my cheeks were starting to flare up and turn red. -___________-
I tell you, having sensitive skin is the WORST. I'm about to seriously go cold turkey on these store bought products...like, foreal. Cause I can't deal..these flare ups are starting to work my nerves. *sighs* so I decided to make my bentonite clay mask (that I'm currently waiting to dry as I type this) and I'm gonna follow up w/ some raw aloe vera juice/gel from the actual plant that I have. 
I really need to go to a dermatologist so that they can determine exactly which ingredient it is that I'm allergic to...cause these breakouts are not life. 

Meanwhile,
 I've decided to give you guys an idea of what my mask usually looks like through this pictorial...Enjoy!
 
The amount of aloe vera gel I use. I'd say about a 1/4 c

..next I add the juice of 1 lemon

I typically guess-timate the amount of bentonite to add. I like it to be thick..but not lumpy...

I mix it up with my finger and this is what it typically looks like. It will be foamy at first because of the reaction w/ the lemon but it will deflate after a minute or two.

Then apply & let it dry! Rinse it off w/ warm water & pat face dry =)
 HAPPY HEALTH!
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D