Tuesday, July 24, 2012

::Personal Achievements:: Finally got the BALLS to wear a bikini!!



At the beginning of the month, my family and I had our family reunion in Myrtle Beach and let me tell you, I had already worn this thing about 3 times before then!! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd actually have the confidence to wear a bikini!! My friends have always told me, "Oh, you're not that big! You can wear a bikini!" and I'd be sitting there like -_________- Really. Wearing a bikini isn't about the physical, it's ALL about the mental. If you don't feel good in a bikini, you won't look good in a bikini..and that pretty much works in all aspects of life. I'm just thankful to actually have the confidence to feel comfortable even WITH my stretch marks & cellulite, I DON'T CARE!!

While we were in Myrtle Beach I managed to get in a few good workouts in between all the eating out, BBQs,  hearty cooking & beer! I would power walk down our block and jog up the block where the beach was (yeah, we were a block away from the beach). Each morning I went out, I would always go walk on the beach when I was done...it was almost like HEAVEN. I've always dreamt of bein able to wake up, workout and go to the beach and relax and then come home to my big master bedroom that overlooks the ocean and take a bath in my porcelain tub...*sighs*

 ...but I digress.










I took this picture on our last morning here, and I almost cried at how beautiful and good God is to give us these simple pleasures. I walked a good two miles down the beach before I decided that it was time for me to head back to the house..I really didn't want to, but I had no choice. =(









Apart from the fact that it had to end, my Family reunion was a BLAST. Our house was gorgeous and the beach was breathtaking. *sighs*  if only it could have lasted forever....




No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D