Monday, August 27, 2012

No More Store Brought Hair Products


I've made the decision to try and shy away from as many store brought hair products as possible due to the fact that I had a significant allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in the Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner. 
When I tell you, I was soo upset at this cause Cantu was my MAIN staple product before I went off to NC. I don't know if they've changed their ingredients or not but I used my new bottle of Cantu on my twists, like always, but for some reason my cheeks and my hairline broke out, and my scalp would be itching like CRAZY. 
The next time I twisted my hair, I used regular shea butter and had no breakout. 
Since I've cut that product, along with countless others, I've found that my skin has been clearing up. 

Right now, I only use Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap to cleanse my scalp, baking soda to scrub occasionally, Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Milk, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Juice/Gel, Mayonnaise, Eggs and Flax Seed Gel.
I believe that less is more when it comes to my hair- it doesn't like too much product and I find that it responds best to things in their natural form. Using all-natural products/ ingredients has also been beneficial to my super sensitive skin. I am very acne prone and it seems like the smallest change in my regimen will break me out.
Right side

Left side
I've decided to do KinkyCurlyCoilyMe's Castor Oil Challenge for the fall to grow my edges back, because they've been thinning ALOT and I aint tryna be on no Naomi Campbell stuff...
(No she didn't)
Yes I did. LOL
Once I begin the challenge I will keep you guys posted.












Stay blessed!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D