Thursday, August 23, 2012

Post Surgery Bluesss...

Yesterday was surgery day =(
Don't worry folks, I'm alright..just a minor procedure. Needless to say that I can't freakin workout for the next 6 days, which BITES. >_<
*sighs* Besides that, bed rest has been pretty...boring. I HATE staying in one spot all day. I've been tryna give myself little busy work, like cutting up fruits and making crepes and makin my own soup and tea and stuff instead of bothering daddy, but it just isn't enough. 
I need to walk...jump...CRUNCH! 
One thing that I'm happy about is that the surgery is over...and as a result of the surgery I nabbed some comfy ass socks to wear around the house! 

The only thing I didn't like about yesterday was that while me, the nurse, and the anesthesiologist were talking she put me to sleep in the middle of the freakin convo! 
When I woke up, I was like o_O "que?"
And let me tell you, once I woke up my throat was D-R-Y! 
I felt like my mouth got raped by a Dyson vacuum cleaner...
And then they had the nerve to offer some dry ass crackers, cookies and, how the hell am I supposed to swallow that?? Really, hospital?? Really? They KNOW your mouth is dry after surgery...WHY would they serve you dry things to eat, like..that makes no sense to me. Can a sister get some Jell-o???
She gave me a cup of cranberry juice and 3 cups of water and I was STILL struggling to get those 2 lil graham crackers down my throat, I mean that mess was ridiculous!

After that little ordeal, I was still CRAZY sleepy from the I kept dozing off until she told me that it was time for me to get dressed. Once I was dressed and back in the car, I was OUT.  Like a light? No. Like the power after PSE&G shuts that joint off for not payin the bill!!
He fell asleep on me earlier.
So, aside from sounding like I had a doritos bag stuck in my throat, and bein all doped up on whatever the doc gave me to subside the pain, yesterday mostly consisted of me sleeping. Boyfriend oovooed me when he got home from work and was complaining about how depressed I sounded, but he understood that that was just from the meds. When I woke up today I was still drowsy and the pain is faint but i'm good now. Me and my baby took a nap on Oovoo and all was well. Follow up appointment is in one week, so wish me health!!


P.S. I found this B-E-A-UTIFUL picture on tumblr today [while I was browsing and being insanely bored].  Hmmm, new background?? #CallItMaybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D