Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Latest Protective Style: Two Strand Twist & Twist

I'm not in Canada yet =( but here's what I did with my hair...

I just did a simple Mayonnaise and Olive Oil mixture for my deep conditioner, it was about 1  1/2 cup mayo and 2tbsp olive oil; just enough to cover my hair without being runny. I washed my hair with diluted Peppermint Castile soap and finger detangled in the shower w/ Suave Tropical Coconut and separated my hair into 4 sections w/ 3 braids per section. Then, before I got out of the shower, I squeezed the excess water out of each braid- this helps me to reduce the mixture from becoming runny and dripping out of my hair. I applied the mixture to one braid at a time, and any excess mixture I applied to my scalp. I put a plastic bag on my head and chilled for about 2hrs and wrote my previous post.. ;)
Then, I rinsed it out and squeezed the excess water out of my hair again and sealed in the water with shea butter. After letting it air dry for about 10 minutes I proceeded to blow dry my hair, one braid at a time, on medium heat using the Tension Method (see vid below) and I didn't blow dry it fully dry; only about 85%.

So, after that I was interrupted by my mother cause she wanted to go out and eat so I had to throw a head scarf on my dried twists and left a lil bang out. It was cute! I liked it alot so I'll definitely be doing this again on one of my I-don't-feel-like-dealing-with-this-mess-today, days.

The food I had at the diner was soooo GOOD. I'm definitely gonna make this cause it's simple! Stay tuned for THAT!!

Doesn't this look delicious???


...back to the hair.

I simply just two strand twisted it. No parting- just grabbing a section and twisting it. I find that it's better to not part the hair because if I wanted to switch the sides of my bangs, I could! I also trimmed the ends cause I desperately needed it! I think I cut off a good inch. After I finished twisting it I separated the it down the middle and did a flat twiston each side, meeting in the back. Then I just tucked away the ends and pinned them down. You may need a few more pins for any twists that are sticking up.
This is how I had my hair before I took down my twists the last time. I like the simplicity-I can spruce it up with a flower, or just leave it plain; I can wear it with a dress and wear it while I'm working out without worrying about messing it up. The only thing I'm burdened with is my edges getting fuzzy =/
It lasted me 3 weeks before my edges got crazy fuzzy, then I just took them out and wore a twistout for the next two weeks.
Hopefully, this style will last me another 3 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What'd you think?? =D